- When representing SOPE or participating in any SOPE activity be kind, respectful and polite to everyone. If heckled or criticized we will remain polite and respectful yet, resolute.
- No participant in any SOPE event will at any time curse or use obscene, coarse or profane language.
- No participant in any SOPE event will at any time use threatening, violent or abusive language.
- No participant in any SOPE event will at any time obstruct an entrance or exit of a public building or public right-of-way.
- No participant in any SOPE event will at any time obstruct, impede or in any other way inhibit vehicles and/or pedestrian traffic upon any street, highway or sidewalk.
- When in the Capitol we will not be loud or boisterous.
- No damage will be done to any building, art, structure or other property.
- When in the Capitol we will obey all lawful requests of proper authorities except the request to disperse or to leave the building.
Any member of the group who violates any of the enumerated rules above will be disavowed and requested to leave the sit-in.
We will clean up after ourselves, leaving no trash whatsoever.
All participants in the sit-in agree and understand they may be arrested if they refuse to leave the Capitol building.
All participants are prepared to perform this act of civil disobedience in the vein of the lessons learned and ground gained in the US civil rights movement and the American farm workers movement.
All participants agree, this is a bipartisan endeavor. The names of political parties will not be invoked in partisan ways.